Mundane Monday Morning Music: Cyndi Lauper: “Girls Just Want To Have Fun”

Mornin’ Readers!

After my whirlwind weekend at the BConnected Conference here in the national capital region of Canada, I am bushed! I was energized by the sessions and the Wine and Cheese Networking Party, but you do loose some energy taking in all of information and fun!

Another fun part of this past weekend was the After Party by some of the bloggers of this conference (Thanks Ann and Kristen!). It made the weekend even more fun and memorable! This party also helped to inspire this week’s MMMM pick. I chose Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun.” Nothing says party time more than snacks, candy, “party drinks,” and playing Cards Against Humanity with Hello Kitty paraphernalia and glitter! The ladies and the conference’s webmaster (the lone male in the room for most of the night) had so much fun laughing and chatting away throughout the night. It was an experience I will not forget and I am glad I was invited to be a part of the fun! This song really captures the spirit of that night!

I hope that “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” helps you to stir up fun memories of times gone by with great friends! If it doesn’t, then it is also a great song to belt out at the top of your lungs!

Reese

1. Emily Smith // The Best of this Lifee

May 4, 2015 at 10:29 am

I love this song! It’s great to get my Monday kicked into high gear. Sorry to have missed the after party, it sounds like it was a blast!! I’ll have to make the next one. It was so lovely to meet you in person Lian, thanks for the warm welcome.

1. Reese Speaks

May 6, 2015 at 9:21 am

Thanks, Emily! I love this song, too! My sister was a HUGE Cyndi Lauper fan when we were younger, and we went nuts whenever we heard it. I always have a good time when I hear this song. It’s so nostalgic!

2. heatherboydwire

May 6, 2015 at 10:03 am

It was such an amazing weekend. Haven’t processed it all yet! Great to see you Lian.

1. Reese Speaks

May 6, 2015 at 10:16 am

Thanks, Heather! In a prt if my head, I still think that the conference is happening soon. It was great meeting you, too! Can’t wait to start working on next year!

3. Louise

May 10, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Agreed – here’s to a wonderful weekend (last weekend – it was a chaotic week in my non-blog life) – learnt so much and so wonderful to meet so many people I’ve “met” online, in person 🙂

1. Reese Speaks

May 10, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Thanks, Louise! I still have not come down from the excitement of the conference. I also learned a lot, and had a lot of fun, too. I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself! 🙂