Favourite Fall Memories, 2015

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Chicken_11302015Hey Readers,

I know, it’s been a  while since I’ve shared anything with you. Life got a bit crazy, and this is the first chance since my last post that I have been able to check in.

It’s the last day of November, and for me, it is the last day before the holiday season begins and it is full steam ahead with getting our family and our home ready for it all! It kicks off with Grandma’s (my mom, but she doesn’t have kids anymore,or so she says) birthday, and it snowballs from there.

So to say goodbye to fall, I thought I would share some of may favourite Fall memories from this year with you through pics I snapped.

My little guy is in love with this time of year. We learned this year that he is a huge Halloween fan. He loved every pumpkin and gourd that we passed, wanting to take them home with us. If he had his way, our home would be forever full of them!

Reese_Speaks_Marcus_Pumpkins_11302015

Speaking of Halloween, my guy rolled up his sleeves and dove in to getting ready for day! He carved pumpkins, made decorations and dressed up our porch, and took the kids out trick-or-treating. Once back, the kids rocked out in my past Halloween costume wigs before putting and end to the day.

Reese_Speaks_Halloween_Collage_11302015

We had a mixed bag of weather this autumn. Some days were warm and gorgeous, while others were, well, blah! On those good days, we made sure to get the kids outside and to enjoy what nice days we had left this year. My other half even had the kids out with him while he raked up the leaves. The job took a bit longer than expected, but the kids had a lot of fun!

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Kids_Leaves_11302015

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Maya_Marcus_Leaves_11302015

The leaves were exceptionally gorgeous in our backyard this year, so I had to capture their beauty in pics! We also had a pumpkin in our backyard that did not make it to Halloween to rest for its final days, so the shutterbug in me had to get a pic of it while it still looked good.

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Pumpkin_11302015.jpg

The Japanese Maple lost its leaves early, but there were still a few of them in our yard. Their leaves always alive with colour, no matter the time of year they are present on the tree, and this one just stood out from the rest of the crowd present.

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Stand_Out_Leaf_11302015

Then, high above the ground in our backyard, there was the golden sea of gold that still shimmered to us from below. It was so stunning. I can’t wait to frame this one!

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Sea_of_Gold_11302015

This little critter decided to visit us on our front porch before getting itself ready for its long slumber. My kids and I got a big kick out it.

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Caterpillar_11302015

Oh, food! The Jack of All Trades in our home whipped together some amazing food for us this season! He loves trying to make delicious dishes from what is left in our Mother Hubbard cupboards as well as some ingredients he picks up from the grocery store. We ate really well this season!

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Chili_11302015

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Steak_Sandwhiches_11302015

Reese_Speaks_Fall_Chicken_11302015

My family had an amazing autumn! We worked hard, played hard and ate well. It is sad to say goodbye to the vibrant colours and warm weather, but it was great to look back and see all of the fun we had!

What were some of your favourite fall memories this year?

Reese

1. amotherhoodblog

November 30, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Ah such beautiful pics! Your kids are simply too cute!! Winter may be cold but it’s the holiday season so what could be warmer (besides a nice hot drink in front of a roaring fire!)! Wishing you and yours a fabulous start to the holiday season! 🙂

1. Reese Speaks

November 30, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Awww, thanks Alyssa! You are awesome. I am super excited about the holidays. I can’t wait to get it started. I hope that you and yours have an amazing holiday season as well! 🙂

2. paula schuck

November 30, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Beautiful pictures here! Looks like everyone had a great fall!! Love the decorations and what’s not to love about GOURDS!!

1. Reese Speaks

November 30, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Thanks, Paula! We really had an amazing time this fall. I like gourds, but even now, he wants Halloween (and trick-or-treating) to begin again. Once the snow stays on the ground, maybe hhe’ll start asking for Santa!

3. babystylista

November 30, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Your memories captured just makes me want to relive fall all over again! Beautiful photos and stories. Your family is beautiful and they all seem so happy. My favourite memories of fall all take place outside as well – as the vibrant colors and textures are so inspiring. It gets my otherwise shy, indoors-y kiddo outside and active and talkative. Definitely my favourite season of the year!

1. Reese Speaks

December 12, 2015 at 1:12 am

Thanks babylista! Fall just seems to go by in a blink of an eye. I’m glad you and your kids enjoy this season. It is a beautiful one!

4. Angela OSM

November 30, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Aww so many lovely photos! Thanks for sharing these 🙂

1. Reese Speaks

December 12, 2015 at 1:12 am

Thanks Angela OMS. They were fun to take.

5. Paula (@ProductJunkieCA)

November 30, 2015 at 5:51 pm

It looks like you guys had an amazing autumn! Love the gorgeous photos of the kids with all the fall colours and foliage!

1. Reese Speaks

December 12, 2015 at 1:14 am

Thanks Paula! They were some of my favourite to take. My kids love fall and all of the leaves.

6. Louise

December 8, 2015 at 11:17 pm

I love your photos with the kids in the leaves – beautiful! I miss fall already 🙁 Looking forward to Xmas, but I don’t love winter. That said, I seem to recall you get very much into holiday cheer – so here’s to Christmas fun for you and your family this month!

1. Reese Speaks

December 12, 2015 at 1:10 am

Thanks Louise! My kids loved this part of fall. It took us twice the amount of time to clean our yard because they were playing in the leaves, but it was worth it to see them have so much fun.

Yes, I am all about Christmas, but I do not enjoy the cold it brings. I have to finish up the rest of my planning for my home and the blog.

7. Style Domination

January 5, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Gorgeous pictures! Love the picture of the “Critter” – the rusty red and black Wooly Bear Moth caterpillar.

1. Reese Speaks

January 5, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Style Domination! It was such a surprise to find it on our porch.