Cozy Roasted Chicken Thighs
My Other Half loves to be in our kitchen, whipping up his fabulous food creations for our family to sit, eat and enjoy. One dish I get excited about him making is his Cozy Roasted Chicken Thigh meal. It is colourful, flavourful and perfect for the cooler days of the year. It is a meal I always go back for seconds (and sometimes thirds) of when it is made, and can also serve as an intimate meal for two when scaled down.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (can also be done with boneless, but it is juicier with the bone)
- 4 sausages links cut in half
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 onion, loosely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, loosely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp of rosemary and thyme
- 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Drizzle a tbsp of oil on the bottom of the caserole dish. Layer the potatoes and the sweet potatoes and half of the onions and garlic on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle with rosemary, thyme salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the potato layer, seasoning with both herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add halved sausage links around chicken pieces
- Sprinkle the remainder of the onions and garlic around the top of the meat, season with more herbs and seasoning.
- Cover casserole dish with foil and place in oven for 55 minutes.
- Drizzle oil into a frying pan and set to medium-high heat. Place chopped tomatoes into the frying pan and season with the remainder of the herbs, salt, and pepper for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
3. Place cooked tomatoes onto a cookie sheet and roast in the oven with the casserole dish for 45 mins or until the tomatoes are crispy.
4. After 55 minutes have passed, uncover chicken and add tomatoes to the top of the meat.
5. Turn the oven up to 375°F and place back into the oven for 20 minutes to allow for the chicken skin to crisp.
6. Take casserole dish out of the oven. Spoon out the vegetables and meat onto each plate.
7. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each chicken thigh when plating.
That’s it! This is how my other half creates one of my absolute favourite dishes. This Cozy Roasted Chicken dish can also be made with the whole leg and is so delicious. It only takes a casserole dish and a frying pan to cook this dish and is a welcome meal during the fall and winter months. It has become a tradition to enjoy this meal on Christmas Eve to get ready for the Man in Red that evening. I can’t wait to devour this dish again!
I hope that you enjoy My Other Half’s Cozy Roasted Chicken dish with your family this fall and winter! I’m sure they will love it, too!
Until my next post, Readers!