How to Plan a Fabulous Girls’ Getaway
How to Plan a Fabulous Girls’ Getaway
Escape. It is something we all look forward to. My big sis and I are best friends, yet, we have NEVER had a fun girls’ getaway together. We have been away with our families and significant other’s but not on a vacation where our giggly girliness can be unleashed. So when my sis called and asked if I wanted to go with her to a festival that we both share a HUGE interest in, I told her I was on board!
From finding out about this festival to actually starting our adventure, there were so many different pieces to putting together our fabulous girls’ getaway. Have you ever planned a girls’ only getaway? Take a look below at some tips I found helpful planning a fabulous girls’ getaway to help you put together a fun ladies’ escape!
Plan, plan, PLAN!!!
Whether you are a Point A to Point B kind of a person or if you like to fly by the seat of your pants, planning some parts of your getaway is helpful for your trip to be a success.
- Check out the destination you will be visiting. Look at the tourism board for the city/town for info if can’t find anything easily.
- Budget the amount of money you will need to spend on accommodations, travel, fees, food, etc. before you buy anything, so you know how much you will need.
- Fluff your budget a bit for contingencies while travelling or for extra.
Connect with the event/attraction
Why should you connect with the event? You can find out so many things about the event or attraction you want to check out.
- Following the attraction/event over social media is the best way to find out all of the latest about what is happening.
- Visit the attraction/event’s site, sign up for newsletter, follow via social media, and don’t be afraid to ask questions on the site’s “Contact Us” page to find the answers you need.
Look for deals
From hotel to transportation, there are always deals to be found! See what kinds of deals you should be on the look-out for.
- Keep an eye out for deals airlines, railway, bus lines and rental car companies may have available. They are advertised, but following them is a great way to have your finger on the pulse of when these deals are available
- If you work for a company and have access to their discounts on hotel and accommodations, USE THEM!
- Check out dale finder websites for your destination for discounts on attractions or food for the dates you will be there
- Ask your friends/family if you are able to use their deals and discounts or to look out for them so they can send them your way.
Once you have a few deals in front of you, sneak a peek at them so you can find the ones that will best fit your trip!
- Accommodations – Location? Suite or just beds? Is breakfast included? Amenities? Close to your method of travel? What’s located around this hotel? What identification is needed when you check-in?
- Travel – What identification do I need to travel? Which is faster vs more economical for your budget? How far in advance do you need to purchase tickets/reserve a car to take advantage of this deal?
- Attractions/Events – When do they take place? Where do they take place? (If travelling without a car), How far away are attractions/events from where you will be staying? How are you travelling to attractions/events?
- Food – What is around where you are staying? Dietary concerns? Grocery/convenience stores close by? Fast food? Bars, pubs or clubs to pop into?
Lists: My personal assistant at hand
Lists help me stay on track to have everything I need before I leave on a getaway. You can do this the analog way (pen and paper) or the new school way via a smartphone, tablet, or laptop list app.
- Map out what you need to be done weeks, days and on the day of your getaway to stay on track.
- Packing – Check the weather and pack clothing accordingly. Trust me, this could make or break your getaway.
Travelling by plane?
- Make sure you have the correct size of checked and carry-on luggage.
- Make sure you find out what you can and cannot take in your luggage on a flight.
- If you are a Point A to Point B type of person, you can even have an itinerary of your trip. It can be as brief or as detailed as you like. Have departure and arrival times listed to have an idea of the amount of time you have to play with.
Once on our adventure, my big sis and I had an adventure we will not so forget. We had an amazing time exploring a new city together as girls.
We found fun places to see, had a blast attending the festival at the center of our getaway, and bonded more as sisters. These tips made going from one part of our trip to another easy. Girls’ getaways are needed to let your hair down and have fun. Now that we have been on this adventure, we can’t wait to go on another one with these tips in hand!
What would you add to this list of tips for a fabulous girls’ giveaway?
Until my next post, Readers!